I’ve built niche websites on my own for years. I can tell you that it is a lot of hard work and that it takes quite a bit of time before you will earn a dime. That being said, a turnkey Amazon affiliate website can save you a lot of time and get you to earning income online much faster.
I will share what is required for creating a profitable niche website and how a turnkey affiliate website may be the solution you’re looking for. I will also explain why creating an affiliate website on your own can teach you several valuable skills.
What is an Amazon Affiliate Website?
People have been earning income from Amazon affiliate websites for years. You can find success stories on the internet about people new to affiliate marketing earning their first sale online from an Amazon affiliate site.
An Amazon affiliate site is simply a website that earns income from promoting Amazon.com products using the Amazon affiliate program called, Amazon Associates.
Some very successful Amazon affiliate websites include ones such as Outdoor Gear Lab and The Wire Cutter.
How Affiliate Marketing Works
Affiliate marketing is the process of recommending products and/or services in exchange for a commission when a sale is made.
An affiliate marketing flowchart:
It begins by creating a website focused on a specific topic. You then recommend products or services (using affiliate links) that benefit your readers.
When anyone clicks on any of your affiliate links, they are redirected to the merchant’s website. If anyone buys what you’ve recommended from your affiliate link, you receive a commission.
It is a simple process. However, there is much more to be done in order to earn a consistent income, which I will cover in-depth below.
Why Use the Amazon Associates Affiliate Program?
The primary reason that so many new affiliate marketers start off with the Amazon affiliate program is due to the ability to earn easy sales.
Think about how many people shop on the Amazon website every single day, including yourself. I know I buy things on Amazon several times per month.
Although the Amazon cookie (the length of time in which you get credit for your sales) only lasts 24 hours, you do receive commissions on anything that a customer buys.
So let’s say you were promoting a Kitchen Aid mixer on your website and one of your visitors clicks on your Kitchen Aid Amazon affiliate link.
However, the visitor ends up buying a rice cooker instead. You would still get credit for that sale.
Another reason to be an Amazon affiliate is that Amazon has millions of products that you can promote. They are sure to have products related to any niche that you are in.
What’s Involved in Building Your Own Amazon Affiliate Website
As mentioned earlier, why buy ready made affiliate websites when you can build one on your own? There are a lot of reasons which I’ll highlight below.
You Have to Get Your Website Up
- This isn’t difficult at all, even for the non-techie person. I use WordPress for all of my affiliate websites and most web hosting providers offer one-click WordPress installation. I do recommend avoiding free website services as you do not fully own your website. It is a good idea to use WordPress as it is free software that you can host on any web hosting provider you choose.
You Must Choose a Niche
- Choosing a niche requires some thought and a bit of research. You can browse top selling products on Amazon. You can also go with a niche in which you have a personal interest. However, when you buy done for you Amazon affiliate sites, the niche is already chosen which can save a ton of time.
You Have to Create Content
- Content creation is the key to success for any affiliate website. Your content should be written for the people interested in your niche. You should create helpful content and it should be created often (2 to 3 times per week is ideal.)
You Will Need to Learn Affiliate Marketing
- This involves learning how to write for conversions (more sales.) That means using call-to-actions within your content as well as writing product reviews to link to from your content, etc. You will also need to learn how to do keyword research as well as basic SEO (search engine optimization) which leads to ranking in the search engine results.
The huge plus about building your affiliate niche website on your own is that you will develop a lot of skills along the way.
You will learn how to install a WordPress website (whether on your own or using one-click installation.) You’ll also develop skills in:
- Niche and keyword research
- Content creation
- Website promotion
- Choosing affiliate products
The downside to it is that it is a slow process and many people do not make their first sale for many months.
The Benefits of Amazon Turnkey Websites for Sale
The big benefit of buying a turnkey Amazon affiliate website is that it gives you a huge jump start into your online business.
This is especially true if you are new to affiliate marketing or have dabbled in it with little to no success.
Even experienced affiliate marketers often prefer to buy ready-made niche websites to build up their online portfolio.
Turnkey websites can benefit both new and experienced affiliates. Some of the major benefits include:
Save Time on Research and Website Buildout
- You can save a ton of time when it comes to niche research, keyword research, and actually getting your website up. This is an advantage for new affiliate marketers that may not understand how to do niche/keyword research or install a website.
Save Time On Writing Your Initial Content
- Ordering a pre-made turnkey affiliate website often includes unique niche-related content to get you started. All you have to do is maintain the momentum by creating content on a regular basis. You can either write the content yourself or outsource the writing to the service you ordered your website from or other freelance writers.
Learn Affiliate Marketing
- Many reputable affiliate niche website builder services will also provide ongoing training so that you understand how to maintain and promote your new website. This is important for new affiliates that not only want a jump start but also want to learn the ins-and-outs of affiliate marketing.
You Get a Premium WordPress Theme and Premium Plugins
- Many niche affiliate website builder services also include a premium theme and premium plugins for your WordPress website which can save you some money.
Do not invest in a turnkey affiliate website if you think you will be guaranteed success. While a turnkey site can save you a lot of time and help you to make your first sale faster, there is still work involved.
You must be disciplined to continue building your business and yes, a niche website is a type of online business. If you do not treat it as such, you will have basically wasted hundreds of dollars.
If you are excited and ready to get a jump start as an affiliate marketer, click here to learn more about ordering a turnkey Amazon affiliate website.