Are you ready to start your own AliExpress dropshipping website and feel overwhelmed or stuck as to how to start? If so, turnkey AliExpress dropshipping sites may offer the perfect solution. A turnkey website enables anyone to get started quickly and efficiently.
I’ll explain what is required to build your own AliExpress dropshipping store yourself versus taking advantage of a turnkey dropshipping website that is built for you. Hopefully, you will be able to decide for yourself if a turnkey store is worth the investment.
What it Takes to Build Your Own AliExpress Dropshipping Site
The dropshipping software and resources that are available today make it extremely easy for you to build an AliExpress dropshipping store by yourself.
Building your store yourself can save money. However, it is also time-consuming and it does require some technical knowledge depending on the platform that you use.
Dropshipping Store Software Options
You have many options to choose from for building your own dropshipping store. The most popular being the Shopify or WordPress platforms.
In order to dropship with Shopify, you’ll need to install the Oberlo app
If you want to dropship using WordPress, you would need to locate a dropshipping plugin. The AliDropship plugin is my plugin of choice as it creates a full-featured AliExpress dropshipping store for you.
Regardless of the platform that you choose, it should be easy to pick-up even if you do have minimal web skills.
It is a matter of using the software and doing research when you get stuck. Most software platforms have a knowledge base as well as customer support and user forums.
The Two Big Differences Between Shopify and WordPress
I use these two platforms as examples because they are the most widely used. However, many other SaaS (software as a service) platforms like Shopify operate similarly to what I describe below.
The two big differences between Shopify and WordPress include ongoing monthly software fees and store ownership.
Using Shopify – You can expect to pay recurring monthly fees to use the Shopify platform as well as any dropshipping app that you install such as Oberlo. These fees are on top of any other apps that you may need to install that also have fees. You can expect to pay anywhere from $60 or more per month to operate your store.
Using WordPress – You can download and install WordPress for free. Most web hosting providers offer free one-click installation so you do not even need to have any technical experience to install it. That saves on any recurring monthly costs to use the software.
Using WordPress also enables you to have 100% ownership of your store. There are no worries about another eCommerce platform closing your account. In combination with a dropshipping plugin such as AliDropship, you always maintain complete ownership of your business.
The Work Involved with Building Your Own Store
When you set out to build your store, there are some things that you will need to handle. These things are time-consuming so you’ll have to be in the right mindset to complete your store.
Here are the tasks that you will likely need to take care of when building your store yourself:
- Logo, supporting images (customization)
- Product research to select items that are already selling
- Importing individual products
- Writing product descriptions
- Editing product images
These tasks are not difficult but it can take a while for you to finish your store, especially if you are already busy.
How Turnkey AliExpress Dropshipping Sites Speed Up the Process
A turnkey website isn’t for everyone. For one thing, they cost a bit more than building your store yourself. However, if you understand the benefits, you may find it to be a wise investment.
No Technical Skills Necessary
- When you buy a turnkey dropshipping store, you don’t need to have any technical knowledge. You will need to learn how to use your platform’s software but you will not need to install any software on your own. This is a huge plus for someone completely new to eCommerce in general.
Fastest Way to Get Your Own Dropshipping Store
- Ordering a turnkey store is the fastest way to get your store up and ready for business. You can have your store delivered to you in a matter of days rather than waiting weeks or even months by doing it yourself. The sooner you get your store, the faster you can start earning.
Key Research is Done for You
- Depending on the service that you choose to buy your turnkey store from, your key research will be done for you. This research includes niche marketer research, competitor analysis, and keyword research. Not all custom dropshipping store services will do this research so definitely ask beforehand.
Where to Get Your Own Turnkey AliExpress Dropshipping Site
You have plenty of options when it comes to ordering your own turnkey dropshipping business. I do want to point out that you do get what you pay for.
Here are some things to look out for before buying a custom dropshipping website:
Beware of Low Priced Services
- It is always awesome to get a good deal but beware of services with low pricing. Often they will have monthly recurring fees to use their software. It isn’t a bad thing to pay software fees but if you have options not to, wouldn’t you rather save money?
Beware of Quick Turnaround Times
- Some services will promise to deliver your turnkey dropshipping store in 24 to 48 hours. In my opinion, that is too fast a turnaround time. They are likely producing “cookie cutter” stores. Meaning, everyone gets the same exact store just filled with different products. Have they done any keyword research? Competitor analysis? What about initial on-page SEO? These things take time and a quick service will not have done that for you.
- Before ordering your store, find out if you retain full ownership of your store. Ask if you can download your entire store (including the store theme) and move it to another web hosting provider. If the answer is no, you are likely on a SaaS platform and do not have 100% ownership of your store.
Where to Get a Custom AliExpress Dropshipping Store
When you’re ready to order a turnkey AliExpress dropshipping store, consider using AliDropship’s custom dropship store service.
I bought and use the AliDropship plugin for my own store. However, I know there are many people that prefer to have their store professionally built for them. Their turnkey store service offers many services to include:
- Personal manager assigned to you
- Choosing a trendy in-demand niche
- Choosing and registering a domain name related to your niche
- Keyword research
- Competitor analysis
- Custom design (logo and supporting graphics)
- Ensuring your store is mobile device ready
- Importing products with track records of sales
- Google Analytics installation
- Installing payment gateways
- On-site SEO
- Social media accounts creation
There is a one-time fee and no recurring monthly software fees. You also retain 100% ownership of your store.
The personal manager that is assigned to you guides you through the entire process and keeps you informed about the status of your store.
You will be provided with a questionnaire and you get to meet the entire team of developers that will be building your store.
Regardless of whether you order a custom store or the AliDropship plugin, both include lifelong customer support.
So now it is up to you to figure out if ordering a turnkey dropshipping store is worth it. To recap:
- You save time
- Your store is professionally built
- You can begin promotion and earning faster
- Ongoing customer support (depending on the service you choose)
I use and recommend the AliDropship turnkey dropshipping store service. They offer three custom store packages and all include a personal manager and lifelong customer support.
I am an affiliate marketer and I am also a former web developer that has done my fair share of freelance work. 13227
There are many types of jobs that require working evenings and weekends. In many cases, these types of jobs are in the retail industry. 13202