Dropshippers around the globe utilize AliExpress as their dropshipping supplier of choice. Creating an AliExpress dropshipping website is one of the smarter investments you can make.
This is because dropshipping is another great stream of online income and holds many benefits for anyone that wants to own and operate their own e-commerce business.
If dropshipping interests you, I will show you three of the top ways to create your own AliExpress dropshipping website.
Why Source Products from AliExpress?
if you are not familiar with AliExpress, it is one of the largest online retailers in the world. They are made up of merchants primarily based out of China.
AliExpress makes a great resource for dropshippers for various reasons. One of the top reasons being that they offer a ton of products.
Whatever your niche, you are sure to find products that you’ll want to place into your dropshipping store.
You are also not limited in the number of products in which you can sell or the type of products that you can offer in your store.
The products offered on AliExpress are also very low-cost. Many merchants do not require you to buy products in bulk.
Most merchants are also accustomed to working with dropshippers. So much so that they do not include any marketing material in the packages that they ship to your customers.
Here are some other great reasons to consider for using AliExpress as your dropshipping supplier:
- 200,000 exporters
- Over 100 million items
- No entry or participation fees
- No limits on your profit margins
- No limits on the amount of products you sell
- Works with individuals and registered companies
- Free shipping on most items
- Ships to over 200 countries worldwide
- Online shipping tracking
- Wide range of shipping methods
- Buyer protection system with full money back guarantee
Option 1: Shopify and Oberlo
Many people new to dropshipping stumble upon Shopify as the first e-commerce platform of choice.
I was one of those people as well, and I signed up to use their 14-day free trial. In order to dropship with Shopify you will need to also use the Oberlo app.
The Oberlo app is what enables you to import products from AliExpress directly into your Shopify store.
You can add products, remove products, and edit products quickly and easily using this app. It also automates a lot of the features that are required to operate a dropshipping store.
It will automate the placing of orders as well as sending tracking information to your customers.
The app also automatically updates inventory and pricing information for all of the products in your store.
Overall, Shopify and Oberlo work extremely well together. However, after using the trial, I was still in search of an alternative solution.
Why I Don’t Favor Shopify for Dropshipping
There are two main reasons why I sought out an alternative to Shopify for dropshipping. The two reasons include store ownership and monthly recurring fees.
You Don’t Retain 100% Ownership of Your Store
You might be wondering what I mean by store ownership. After all, if you pay to use Shopify it is your store, right?
Not exactly. Essentially, you are paying a monthly fee to Shopify in order to lease their eCommerce software. That means you also have to abide by their terms of service.
Although you are not likely to go against anything in their terms of service, it still grants them the authority to close down your store at any time for any reason.
That is a scary situation to be in, especially after building your store up to earn a consistent income online.
The last thing you want is to live in fear of a third-party service having the ability to close down your store.
Recurring Monthly Fees
I have no problem with paying monthly fees for software or services that I enjoy using. However, I knew there had to be an alternative dropshipping solution using WordPress instead of Shopify.
When I realized that there was an alternative solution (more on that below) I did not want to pay the monthly fees for both Shopify and Oberlo.
The basic monthly plan for Shopify starts at $29 a month and the basic plan for Oberlo starts at $29.90 per month.
Therefore, you are spending a minimum of $60 per month to operate your dropshipping store. Why pay monthly fees when you don’t have to?
The money you save in recurring monthly fees can be put toward your marketing efforts for your dropship store.
Option 2: AliDropship and AliDropship Woo
This is the WordPress alternative dropshipping solution that I have been referring to.
There are other WordPress dropshipping plugins available, but so far, there isn’t one that creates an AliExpress dropshipping store for you.
The default AliDropship plugin is great for anyone that wants to create an AliExpress dropshipping store with WordPress.
You install the plugin and it transforms your WordPress website into an eCommerce platform. You can then import products from AliExpress using the WordPress admin area:
Or you can import products directly using the free Chrome browser extension:
What makes this plugin so awesome are all of its features. You have the ability to import an unlimited number of products.
It also automates some key functions such as:
- Auto updates product information
- Pricing automation
- Fulfill orders automatically
- Auto order tracking
Best of all, there are no recurring monthly fees to use this plugin. You only pay a one-time fee and you receive any future updates and ongoing customer support.
Since it works on WordPress, you also retain 100% ownership of your store. You can do with your store what you wish.
If you prefer to use WooCommerce as your eCommerce platform, the AliDropship Woo plugin is an ideal solution.
It provides all of the key features as the standard plugin but since it is compatible with WooCommerce, you can also use any number of WooCommerce store themes.
Choosing between the two versions of the plugin is really a matter of preference. If you have also used WooCommerce and prefer it, then the WooCommerce version is for you.
If you already have a WooCommerce store up and want to add AliExpress products to your store it is also a great option.
Option 3: Order a Custom Dropshipping Store
Ordering a custom dropshipping store has also picked up in popularity due to the time that it saves. Rather than building a store in weeks, you can have your store in a matter of days.
While there are custom dropshipping store services out there, I have done comparison shopping and the custom store service offered by AliDropship is top-notch.
They truly create a custom store for you. Some services sell pre-made stores for the same (often more) cost.
When you order a custom dropshipping store from AliDropship, you are assigned a personal manager.
Your personal manager will guide you through the entire process of your store’s creation. You will be assigned a Basecamp account (project management software) where you can ask questions and provide feedback.
Custom store features include:
- Niche research – They select a trendy, high-demand niche for you after analyzing it for stable long-term positions and a great potential in future.
- Domain name(.com) – Search engine-friendly domain name relevant to your business
- Custom design – You get a unique design including a custom logo, header images, icons, favicon, banners, etc.
- Mobile devices ready – A perfect responsive design fitting the screen size of any device, whether desktop or mobile.
- Google Analytics integration – GA stats integrated – to keep you informed about the website’s traffic, its sources, visitors’ behavior, conversions, etc.
- Up to 12% AliExpress cashback – Get up to 12% cashback for your every purchase on AliExpress.
- WP dropship plugin – The plugin allows searching, importing and updating products on your site directly from AliExpress quickly and easily.
- Payment gateways – AliDropship Plugin supports the most popular payment processors like PayPal, 2Checkout, Stripe, PayU.
- Delivery time – You’ll have a full-fledge dropshipping business: 5 to 15 days depending on your package.
- On-site SEO – Increase visibility within the organic search results and to deliver targeted traffic to your site.
- Social pages – Accounts of your business on the top social networks and integrate social buttons and widgets on your website.
- Promo video (Ultimate Package) – Video will help you to promote your webstore and tell your customers about all the advantages of your products and services.
- Social media promo tool (Ultimate Package) – A special plugin will automatically post your products and promote your business on 4 top social networks.
You have various options in which to create your own AliExpress dropshipping website.
Weigh the pros and cons in terms of what you want to pay, the platform you prefer, and the features you desire.
I wish you much success in your dropshipping journey!