Finding the right turnkey dropship websites for sale requires more consideration than you may think. Before you buy a dropshipping store you should consider what platform it is using, if you have 100% complete ownership, who your suppliers are, and much more.
I’ve done a bit of research on the types of dropshipping websites that are for sale. They all differ quite a bit in terms of software and expenses. I’ll explain what to be aware of before you invest in your own preloaded dropshipping store.
Who Should Buy a Dropshipping Website?
Anyone can benefit from buying a turnkey dropshipping website. However, the biggest advantage of buying a turnkey store versus building it yourself is time.
Regardless of which platform that you choose to run your store, you will still need to do the work to get it open such as:
- Researching a niche
- Researching suppliers
- Importing products
- Editing product images and descriptions
- Customizing your store
These things take a lot of time and can take much longer if you are already swamped with work and other daily tasks.
Buying a store alleviates this process. You can hit the ground running in a matter of days versus a matter of weeks or even months.
Factors to Consider Before You Buy a Dropshipping Website
If you already know that you want to invest in having a dropshipping store made for you, then the bulk of your work will be in finding the right service to create your store.
There are various companies that can create a store for you. I’ve come across several and have found both pros and cons for the type of store that they create.
Here are some important things to consider before investing in a dropshipping store.
Is it a Custom Made Store or Cookie Cutter Website?
- Does the service you want to use build your store from scratch or do they simply create a “cookie cutter” store? Meaning, they duplicate the same store over and over with the same exact products. You can usually tell when a service uses duplicate stores if their turnaround time is extremely short (24 to 48 hours.) Custom stores generally take several days to create if not longer.
What Platform is it Using?
- Will the store be built using Shopify, WooCommerce, WordPress? If you do have a preference for which platform your store is built on, be sure to verify with the service. Keep in mind platforms such as Shopify are SaaS (software as a service.) That means you cannot download their software or move your store to another hosting company. Whereas if you choose a WordPress platform, you have more options as it is free to download and install.
Are There Ongoing Software Fees?
- As mentioned above, depending on the platform your store is built on, you may incur monthly software fees. For example, if you were to use Shopify, you would have to pay a monthly fee. The same goes for some WordPress dropshipping software as well. WooDropship is dropshipping software for WooCommerce but it has a monthly fee as well.
Will You Have Full Ownership of Your Store?
- One thing that you need to strongly consider is if you will retain complete ownership of your store. When you are on a SaaS platform such as Shopify, you do not have complete ownerhip. They have the power to close your store at anytime for any reason. Here is a screen capture of part of their terms of service which states that:
Where Are the Products Sourced From?
- There are all types of dropshipping suppliers available. Although some services may offer multiple suppliers, it doesn’t mean it is the best option. Many dropshipping suppliers have their own terms, discounts, brand limitations, and some may even charge fees. Here are screenshots of one dropshipping supplier’s terms:
Are Products Researched Before Being Imported?
- When you order a dropshipping store, you will be asked what niche you want your store to be in. Depending on the service, they may bulk import products into your store that match your niche without doing any further research. If this concerns you, I recommend using a custom dropshipping store service such as AliDropship. They actually research products before adding them to your store to ensure that they have a proven track record of sales.
Does the Service Offer Initial SEO?
- Unfortunately, many of the dropshipping store services I’ve come across do not offer any type of SEO (search engine optimization) for your product pages. The one company that does offer initial SEO is the AliDropship custom store service. Although SEO is a bit slower to deliver web traffic, once it kicks in, that traffic is free and can last for years to come.
Does the Service Provide Web Hosting and SSL?
- Most dropshipping store services do offer web hosting and SSL. When you dropship using SaaS companies, they provide both of these in their monthly service fee. Other services may have their own hosting plans and provide free SSL. It is a matter of asking or reading the company’s features page.
Does the Service Do Any Keyword Analysis or Competitor Analysis?
- Like initial SEO, it is good to find out if the service that you are seeking to build your dropshipping store will also do keyword and competitor analysis. These help with niche selection as well as the type of keywords to use to help your product pages rank.
Are You Able to Provide Your Own Feedback/Input?
- Most dropshipping store services will ask you what niche you want your store to be built in. However, do they also allow you to offer any further feedback regarding your store. Depending on the service, you may not be able to provide your input as they may be charging a low price, quick turnaround time, or both.
Where to Buy a Dropshipping Website
There are several places that you can choose from to have your dropshipping store built. Some of the popular options include WooDropship, Shopify Exchange, Dropship Rocket and the service that I feel offers the most bang for your buck, an AliDropship custom store.
Regardless of which service that you choose, it is important to verify that the service meets all of your requirements.
So far from all of my comparisons, AliDropship is the only custom dropshipping store service that provides you with a personal manager.
The personal manager is like having your own personal project manager. This manager will guide you through the entire process as your store is being built.
An AliDropship store is built on the WordPress platform. The big difference between their software and others is that you always retain 100% ownership of your store.
That means no worries about another service closing down your store for any reason. Another big plus is that there are no recurring monthly software fees. You will own the software free and clear.
Buying a dropshiping store is a great investment. You save tons of time and you can begin earning a profit much faster.
There are several services that can build your store for you. Hopefully, this post has provided you with some important factors to consider before choosing one.
I built my own store using the AliDropship plugin. However, if I were to choose a custom store service, I feel they are the company that provides the most ideal features and customer support.
Check out their turnkey custom dropshipping store page for more details.