Ready to begin dropshipping products from AliExpress? You have a lot of options and Oberlo is a very popular one that works exclusively with Shopify. However, there is another dropshipping option called DropshipMe.
Although Oberlo has a free starter plan, you will still incur monthly software fees by using Shopify. With DropshipMe, you can create a free AliExpress dropshipping business using all free software.
I’ll explain exactly how that works below as I compare DropshipMe vs Oberlo.
- 1 Oberlo App with Shopify and AliExpress
- 2 How DropshipMe Works for Dropshipping with AliExpress
- 3 Which Software is Better to Use? DropshipMe vs Oberlo
- 4 In Conclusion
Oberlo App with Shopify and AliExpress
You can open a dropshipping store easily when using Shopify and the Oberlo app. The Shopify platform is not a dropshipping store by default.
You need to install an app to handle the dropshipping and Oberlo is the most popular choice. With Oberlo, you are able to import products from AliExpress as well as Oberlo’s selected products.
Oberlo Only Works with Shopify
- It is not uncommon for people to ask if Oberlo works with other platforms such as WordPress. However, it does not. It is exclusive to Shopify.
Oberlo Has a Free Plan with Option to Upgrade
- The free plan lets you import 500 products and process 50 orders per month. Most people are sure to grow out of the free plan. There is a Basic plan at $29.90 per month and a Pro plan at $79.90 per month.
You Can Import Both AliExpress and Oberlo Supplier Products
- The difference between AliExpress and Oberlo suppliers is that the products and suppliers are checked by Oberlo. It helps to ensure you are importing good products from reliable suppliers.
You Don’t Have Complete Ownership of Your Shopify Store
- One thing to keep in mind when opening a dropshipping business with Shopify is that you are also agreeing to their terms of service. Part of that agreement means that they have the ability to close your account at any time for any reason.
How DropshipMe Works for Dropshipping with AliExpress
Like Oberlo, DropshipMe is dropshipping software. However, it is a plugin that works on the WordPress platform only.
The primary feature of DropshipMe is that it enables you to import the best selling products on AliExpress into your store.
That is because over 50,000 products have been manually selected based on their proven track record of sales, high ratings, and trustworthy suppliers.
All of the titles, descriptions, and images have already been edited for you. You no longer have to spend time on AliExpress doing product research yourself.
DropshipMe has already handled that task for you. Best of all, it is free to use (the first 50 products) with an option to upgrade for a one-time fee (no recurring monthly fees.)
Here is a video demonstration of me using Dropship.Me:
DropshipMe Only Works with WordPress
- This is a dropshipping plugin that is made for the WordPress platform. You will also need to have either the AliDropship plugin or the WooCommerce plugin installed in order for it to work. Both of these plugins turn your WordPress website into an eCommerce store. DropshipMe then handles the sourcing of products from AliExpress.
You Can Create a Free Dropshipping Store
- What is even cooler is that you can create a free AliExpress dropshipping business using WordPress (free), WooCommerce (free), and DropshipMe (free).
You Retain 100% Ownership of Your Store
- Since your store is built on WordPress, you always retain complete ownership of your store. You have no worries about another company closing your account at any time for any reason.
How to Get Started with Dropship.Me
You can do a search for products in your niche and DropshipMe will return only the best selling products from AliExpress.
All of the titles, descriptions, and images will be edited which saves a ton of time. Here is a screen capture of a description of a ring I imported into my store using DropshipMe:
Notice how the ring sizes are displayed nicely in a table. Creating tables for size variations is time-consuming. This plugin handles a majority of the work associated with product research.
Which Software is Better to Use? DropshipMe vs Oberlo
Both options are great for opening an AliExpress dropshipping business. What you need to keep in mind is that Oberlo works on Shopify. You will then pay recurring monthly software fees to use both Oberlo (if you upgrade) and Shopify.
The advantage that you get by using DropshipMe is that it is on the WordPress platform which gives you complete ownership of your store.
Also, DropshipMe already has the best products on AliExpress already edited for you to sell. You can also create a free dropshipping store with DropshipMe, WooCommerce, and WordPress.
What About the Learning Curve?
Whether you choose to use Shopify or WordPress for your store, you will have a slight learning curve.
Both platforms are easy to learn and both have plenty of documentation and video tutorials that you can find on YouTube.
How About Customer Support?
No matter what type of software that you use, you want to be sure that you have reliable customer support.
Both options have customer support for their software in the form of documentation and email support. Shopify also offers 24/7 support via chat and phone as well.
The support team at DropshipMe is highly responsive so if you have any questions about the plugin, all you have to do is shoot them an email using their contact page.
I think if you are wanting to open a dropshipping business, DropshipMe has a bit of an advantage over Oberlo.
This is especially true if you are on a budget as you can create a free store using DropshipMe and WooCommerce.
I’ve used both options and found them both very easy to use. However, I was always wanting a WordPress solution to save on monthly software fees as well as keeping full ownership of my store.
The best way to choose for yourself is to test out both options and find out which one you like best.
Click here for a 14-day free Shopify trial (connect it to Oberlo’s free plan)