Starting a dropshipping business is already one of the lowest-cost businesses that you can start. However, imagine getting all of the software that you need to run your business for free?
That is exactly the case if you build your dropshipping store on the WordPress platform, install the WooCommerce plugin, and a free AliExpress product importer plugin called DropshipMe.
The Free WooCommerce Dropship Plugin That Gets You Started
Whether you are on a budget or simply prefer to build out your dropshipping store using WooCommerce, you will be excited about the DropshipMe plugin.
WordPress is the software that creates your website. WooCommerce is the software that turns your website into an eCommerce store and DropshipMe is the software that handles your inventory.
Importing AliExpress Products Into Your WooCommerce Store
AliExpress is one of the top sourcing options for many dropshippers. There are various reasons why it is so popular:
- 200,000 exporters
- Some suppliers ship from the U.S.
- Over 100 million items
- No entry or participation fees
- No limits on your profit margins
- No limits on the amount of products you sell
- Works with individuals and registered companies
- Free shipping on most items
- Ships to over 200 countries worldwide
- Online shipping tracking
- Wide range of shipping methods
- Buyer protection system with full money back guarantee
The Dropship.Me plugin helps with importing products from AliExpress in several ways. Here is a brief description of what DropshipMe is:
Therefore, you no longer have to spend a ton of time researching the best selling products on AliExpress.com.
The creators of the plugin have manually selected over 50,000+ of the top-selling and highest rated products on AliExpress.
All product titles, descriptions, and images have already been edited for you. What all of this means for you is:
- No need to spend time researching products
- No need to edit titles, descriptions, or images
- Products are ready to sell after importing
- Increased conversions and repeat sales
- Build trust and improve shopping experience
- Decreased disputes with selected suppliers
Not only will you save money with this plugin, but you will also save a significant amount of time. Importing products can often be extremely time-consuming.
That is because you have to research products within your niche that have a proven track record of sales, have great ratings, and suppliers with great ratings as well.
Here is one example of how DropshipMe saves me time:
The screen capture above represents a ring that I imported into my own store. Items such as jewelry or clothing that has sizing variations can take up a lot of time when it comes to editing their descriptions.
The DropshipMe plugin has descriptions already edited for you so the table that you see above was already created.
System Requirements for Using DropshipMe
DropshipMe is a WordPress plugin so you will need to have your own WordPress website installed on a hosting provider of your choice.
Besides that, you will need one of these two plugins:
- AliDropship Plugin
- WooCommerce Plugin
In this case, since this post is covering how to create a free dropshipping store, you would want to choose the WooCommerce plugin.
However, the AliDropship plugin is an amazing dropshipping plugin itself. It turns your WordPress website into a full-featured AliExpress dropshipping business.
Either option would work well with DropshipMe. AliDropship does have a one-time fee of $89 and there is a WooCommerce version of the plugin as well.
FYI: the DropshipMe plugin does not work on WordPress Multisite Network, local hosts, or on subdomains or subfolders. In most cases, those are things you won’t need to worry about as you’ll likely use the plugin on your own domain on your own web hosting provider.
What Other Dropshipping Expenses Can You Expect?
While a bulk of what is needed for creating your dropshipping store is free, you will incur some other operational expenses. These include:
- You will need to sign up with a web hosting provider to host your website. There are many hosting providers to choose from. I use SiteGround to host my store. I like them for their superior customer support and reliability. Shop around and ask questions before choosing a service. Ensure that they have the capability to host a dropshipping store.
- These costs will vary as you can promote your store in a variety of ways. Paid advertising is one way but you also have the option to utilize free options such as posting on social media channels. However, many dropshippers do use paid ads on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and others.
Additional Plugin Fees
- There may be other WooCommerce plugins that you are interested in installing that may have one-time or recurring monthly fees.
DropshipMe is free to use for your first 50 products (which is plenty for a brand new store.) You do have the option to upgrade your package at any time for a one-time fee.
DropshipMe Review and Demonstration Video
The DropshipMe plugin is extremely easy to use and it is fast. All I do is type in a keyword related to my store’s niche and I’m returned with a ton of products that are ready to import and sell.
They even have user reviews imported as well which helps to give your product pages an even more professional look and feel.
You can either import a product right away or click “view details” to read the item’s full description.
Getting your own dropshipping business up and running is easy and extremely low-cost. Thanks to WordPress, WooCommerce, and the DropshipMe plugin, you have all of the software that you need for free.
Sourcing products from AliExpress is also beneficial as their pricing is low which means higher profit margins for you. They have millions of products. There are no requirements or fees to begin selling.
Using the DropshipMe plugin makes selecting and importing products into your store fast and efficient. You’ll know that the products the plugin recommends were chosen due to the best sales, reviews, and suppliers.
That being said, download a copy of DropshipMe for free and begin importing products into your WooCommerce store.