There are several ways in which you can create your own dropshipping store. Most of these ways require you building your store yourself. Building your store yourself is great, but it is also time-consuming.
If you want to quickly start a profitable drop shipping store, you can do so by buying a custom dropshipping store rather than building it yourself.
I’ll explain why investing in a custom store can get you to earning revenue much faster.
The Most Common Way to Open a Dropshipping Store
One of the most common ways to open a dropshipping store is by using dropshipping software and build your store yourself.
Shopify is a popular eCommerce platform that many people use to begin dropshipping. However, Shopify isn’t a dropshipping store by default.
In order to use Shopify as a dropship business, you will need to install an app. The Oberlo app is the app of choice for many people.
Another popular dropshipping software is the AliDropship plugin.
The difference between AliDropship and Shopify is that Shopify is a SaaS (software as a service) company and AliDropship is a WordPress plugin.
The Pros and Cons of Building Your Dropshipping Store Yourself
Regardless of the type of software that you use to create your dropshipping store, you will have to take the time to build your store.
There are both pros and cons to doing this yourself which I will cover below:
Pro: You Save Money
When you build your store yourself you can save money by not having to hire someone else o do it. The software available today enables anyone to build their own store with no technical experience required.
Con: Getting Your Store Up Could Take Weeks or Months
Although building your own store can save money, it doesn’t necessarily save time. Importing products, customizing your store, editing product descriptions, and so on all take time.
Depending on your already busy schedule, you may not have your store up and running for weeks, possibly even months.
Why Buying a Custom Dropshipping Store is Faster
There are many benefits to buying a custom dropshipping store. For one thing, it saves a huge amount of time.
Most services will have your store built and ready for you in days instead of weeks. Another great reason is that they will handle many important details that you may not know how to do yourself.
Keep in mind that not all custom dropship store services are the same. In fact, I have done a bit of research on many services and have come across some very important details to consider.
Here are some things to look into before buying a custom dropshipping store:
1. Is it a Cookie Cutter Store?
What I mean by this is to be sure the service does not crank out the same exact website for every person. A red flag to look out for is when a service states that they can have your store up quickly as in 24 – 48 hours.
To me, that is a red flag because they are able to produce a so-called “custom” store so quickly. If a store is custom, then it will take time to build it to your specifications.
2. Does the Service Do Keyword and Competitor Analysis?
A good service will do keyword research and analyze the competition in the nice that you’ve chosen for your store. This is important to be sure your store will be in a niche that is in high-demand.
3. Will the Service Do Niche Research for You?
Sometimes it is difficult for someone to figure out what niche to choose. Find out if the service will do this for you as well as their experience in choosing niches.
4. Are There Any Ongoing Fees?
Some custom store services will charge recurring fees after they build your store in order to use their software. Find out what the software features are, if there are any limitations, and figure out if the recurring fees are worth it.
5. Will You Retain 100% Ownership of Your Store?
This is extremely important before you choose to buy a custom store. If the service is a SaaS company then you will not have complete ownership of your store. This is because you will be paying a monthly fee to lease their software. This gives them the power to close your account at any time for any reason.
A True Custom Dropshipping Store Service Recommendation
After doing my research on custom dropshipping store services, I learned what features were the most important when choosing a service.
The service that I like the most is AliDropship’s custom dropshipping store service.
There are three big reasons why I like this particular service:
- You retain 100% ownership of your store
- No ongoing monthly fees (you only pay once)
- You are assigned a personal manager
Another reason is that you are getting a true custom made store. The team at AliDropship has a ton of experience building custom dropshipping stores.
They do not have a quick turnaround which is a good sign. That means they are actually putting in the work required to build a legitimate dropshipping business.
Your personal manager will create a Basecamp (online project management tool) account to you where you can communicate with the entire time that is working on your store.
This gives you the ability to ask questions and provide feedback through the entire process.
Here are some of the other great features you get with this service:
- Niche research – They select a trendy, high-demand niche for you after analyzing it for stable long-term positions and a great potential in future.
- Domain name(.com) – Search engine-friendly domain name relevant to your business
- Custom design – You get a unique design including a custom logo, header images, icons, favicon, banners, etc.
- Mobile devices ready – A perfect responsive design fitting the screen size of any device, whether desktop or mobile.
- Google Analytics integration – GA stats integrated – to keep you informed about the website’s traffic, its sources, visitors’ behavior, conversions, etc.
- Up to 12% AliExpress cashback – Get up to 12% cashback for your every purchase on AliExpress.
- WP dropship plugin – The plugin allows searching, importing and updating products on your site directly from AliExpress quickly and easily.
- Payment gateways – AliDropship Plugin supports the most popular payment processors like PayPal, 2Checkout, Stripe, PayU.
- Delivery time – You’ll have a full-fledge dropshipping business: 5 to 15 days depending on your package.
- On-site SEO – Increase visibility within the organic search results and to deliver targeted traffic to your site.
- Social pages – Accounts of your business on the top social networks and integrate social buttons and widgets on your website.
- Promo video (Ultimate Package) – Video will help you to promote your webstore and tell your customers about all the advantages of your products and services.
- Social media promo tool (Ultimate Package) – A special plugin will automatically post your products and promote your business on 4 top social networks.
Start a Profitable Drop Shipping Store Quickly
In order to start earning revenue faster, it helps to have a store built for you rather than taking the time to build it yourself.
It is important to remember that not all services are offering the best value for your money. Look out for the red flags mentioned above.
If you are ready to get your own turnkey dropshipping store up that has awesome features, let’s you retain complete ownership of your store, and has no ongoing monthly fees, check out the link below: