If you are seriously considering opening your own dropshipping store, you may want to read this post before deciding how you want to set it up.
I’ll briefly go over the options mentioned above and then explain each of the AliDropship features to demonstrate why it is the ideal choice for most dropshippers.
How to Dropship Using Shopify
I outlined my own experience using Shopify for dropshipping in a previous post.
I’ll briefly highlight the pros and cons of using it for dropshipping here.
Overall, I really do like Shopify as an eCommerce platform. It is truly an awesome service that makes opening your own online retail business a snap.
Shopify is great for small business owners. My sister does freelance web work and always recommends the service to her clients.
When I signed up for the 14-Day Free Trial I wanted to get a feel for how it worked for dropshipping.
It was super easy to create my store. A few clicks and done. One of the easiest ways to begin dropshipping is to utilize the Oberlo app.
This app lets you import products directly from AliExpress which is where I wanted to source my products from anyway.
Pros of Using Shopify for Dropshipping
- Easy to set up
- Works seamlessly with Oberlo
- Prefessional store themes (free and paid)
- No technical knowledge required
Cons of Using Shopify for Dropshipping
- Monthly fees (store and apps)
- You do not have 100% ownership of your store
How to Dropship Using WooCommerce
Dropshipping using WooCommerce is also really easy to set up.
You will need to understand how to use WordPress as WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin. Some technical knowledge is required if you do not know how to install WordPress.
Many web hosting providers have one-click WordPress installation so don’t stress if you have zero experience.
AliDropship WOO is what transforms your WooCommerce store into a dropshipping store that sources products from AliExpress.
Pros of Using WooCommerce for Dropshipping
- No monthly fees for using it
- Free to use WordPress and WooCommerce
- Easy to install if you’re familiar with WordPress
- Easy to set-up and customize your store
- AliDropship WOO is also easy to install and use
- 100% ownership of your store
Cons of Using WooCommerce for Dropshipping
- Some technical knowledge required
- You may need to install additional plugins (fees may apply)
Why These AliDropship Features Eliminate Other Dropshipping Store Options
First, I’ll provide some brief background on what AliDropship is and what makes it so awesome for dropshipping stores.
AliDropship is a WordPress plugin that transforms any WordPress installation into a fully functioning dropshipping store that sources products from AliExpress.com.
Before I highlight the features of AliDropship, here is a list of the most important reasons why it eliminates other dropshipping store options:.
- No monthly fees (pay a one-time fee and it’s yours forever)
- You keep 100% ownership of your store (this is crucial!)
- Easy to install and customize your store
- Sources products from AliExpress
- Has all the key features to streamline your store
- Includes marketing tools to boost conversions (sales)
- Lifetime updates and support
The following are the current key features of the AliDropship plugin. Keep in mind that the AliDropship team is constantly updating, improving, and adding new features.
For example, the built-in image editor is a new feature that was recently added.
- Search and import products
- Auto updates product information
- Pricing automation
- Fulfill orders automatically
- ePacket shipping filter
- Auto order tracking
- Built-in themes
- Product customization
- Unlimited number of products
- Product variations
- WooCommerce support
- Built-In Image Editor
- Discount coupons
- Product reviews
- SEO product tags
- Abandoned cart
- Email lists
- Live statistics
- Payment gateway integrations
- Inventory management
- All-in-One dashboard
- Cash-back system
- Free updates and support
As you can see from the list above, they have all of the bases covered when it comes to creating a dropshipping store of your own.
I own the plugin and couldn’t be happier with its features and functionality. However, if you are interested in ordering the plugin or custom store yourself, here are some of my personal tips:
Consider Using AliDropship’s Web Hosting
This isn’t a requirement but it can save you a lot of hassle. Your store will need SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) which is not optional but a necessity.
SSL secures your customer’s sensitive data by encrypting it between their browser and a web server.
By using another web hosting company, you will be responsible for ensuring you have SSL installed on your domain. AliDropship’s web hosting provides FREE SSL.
Consider Ordering a Custom Webstore
Even if you are well-versed in using WordPress, ordering a turnkey dropshipping store from AliDropship has many benefits.
- It saves a ton of time. You can begin promoting your store faster.
- The AliDropship team does all of the work (niche research, SEO, social media set-up, etc.)
- They do custom design (logo, header images, icons, favicon, and banners)
I hope that you have found this post useful. I enjoy discussing products and services that will make it easy for anyone who desires to leave their 9-to-5 to do so.
Creating online businesses is one of the best ways I know how to accomplish lifestyle freedom.
All it takes is choosing the strategy that suits you and working your butt off until you reach your goals.
What do you think about dropshipping? Are you ready to try it? Leave your feedback in the comments below.
Until the next post, I wish you much success in your online business regardless of which path you take!
For some inspiration, I invite you to read about five AliDropship success stories by clicking the link below: