Starting a dropshipping store using WordPress is not as difficult as you may think. In fact, it is extremely easy when using the right tools.
We are currently in the process of creating our own dropshipping store using WordPress and AliExpress.
It is an easy and fun process. In this post, I’ll show you how you can start dropshipping using WordPress and AliExpress.
Why Dropshipping Versus Buying Wholesale Products?
Many online retail business owners buy their products wholesale and store the products in their home or a warehouse.
When customers buy an item from their store, they pack and ship the items themselves. The big plus about wholesale items is that you have them at your disposal.
You can ship them right away as well as send out replacement items when you receive returns.
The biggest downside to buying wholesale items is having to tie up your cash into items that may or may not sell.
It can be a huge risk, especially if you are just starting out. Many people find it difficult to open an online store because they cannot afford to buy and store products.
Dropshipping Alleviates the Inventory Issue
Dropshipping relieves a lot of the stress of opening an online retail business.
Here are some of the great benefits of dropshipping:
- There is no tying up your cash in products that may or may not sell
- Lower costs since there are no products to buy up front
- No need to deal with shipping and handling
- You can offer a larger variety of products
Now I’ll explain where to source your products next.
Sourcing Products from AliExpress – Is AliExpress a Trustworthy Website?
AliExpress has become the go-to resource for sourcing dropshipping products. It is one of the largest online retailers in comparison to Amazon and eBay.
They are made up of small businesses located primarily in China. These merchants offer a huge variety of products at very low prices.
Many dropshippers can mark up items by 10X and still offer rock-bottom prices to their customers.
Other benefits of using AliExpress as a dropship supplier include:
- 200,000 exporters
- Free shipping on most items
- Ships to over 200 countries worldwide
- Online shipping tracking
- Wide range of shipping methods
- Buyer protection system with full money back guarantee
As far as being a trustworthy website, I say it is. We’ve ordered products for ourselves on the AliExpress.com website on multiple occasions without issue.
Also pointed out above is the buyer protection system that offers a full money back guarantee.
If you don’t receive your order then you will receive a full refund. If your item is not as described you will receive a full or partial refund.
A Reliable AliExpress Dropshipping WordPress Plugin
Now that we’ve covered the benefits of dropshipping as well as the benefits of sourcing products from AliExpress, it’s time to put it all together.
Creating a dropshipping store with WordPress is a simple process with the right software. What I use and recommend is the AliDropship plugin.
It is no ordinary WordPress dropshipping plugin. It transforms your WordPress website into a dropshipping store that enables you to import products from AliExpress.
This plugin has all of the features necessary to create and operate an efficient dropshipping store.
Some of the key features include:
- Search and import products
- Auto updates product information
- Pricing automation
- Fulfill orders automatically
- ePacket shipping filter
- Auto order tracking
It also provides you with an unlimited amount of product importing and unlimited automated product order fulfillment.
This is a plus since similar dropshipping services such as WooDropship limit your imports and product fulfillment based on monthly fees.
There are no monthly fees with AliDropship. You pay a one-time fee for the plugin and you have access to all of the features.
Another important thing to take note of is store ownership.
What do I mean by this? Many dropshippers utilize Shopify’s eCommerce platform.
While Shopify is a great service, you would not have 100% ownership of your store.
Since AliDropship is a WordPress plugin, you always have 100% store ownership. This is an important consideration as a business owner.
A WooCommerce Dropshipping Plugin for WooCommerce Users
Do you prefer to use WooCommerce as your eCommerce platform? You can still import products from AliExpress with the WooCommerce version of the AliDropship plugin.
It is called AliDropship WOO.
This version has all of the key features of the original plugin minus some marketing features such as:
- Abandoned cart
- Email list
The good news is that WooCommerce is sure to have similar types of marketing plugins that you can use.
The WooCommerce version of the plugin is included with the original AliDropship plugin.
How to Install AliDropship
Installing AliDropship is fairly simple. If you are already accustomed to installing WordPress plugins you will have no problems.
The requirements for the plugin are standard on most web hosting providers:
- Open incoming connection
- Hosting 32bit (64bit recommended)
- PHP 5.6 or higher
- ionCube activated on your hosting (or Zend Guard Loader)
- File size upload limit: min. 10MB
- Web Browser Requirements
If you do not have any experience with using WordPress or simply do not want to install and customize your store yourself, there is the option of ordering a custom webstore from AliDropship.
Ordering an AliDropship custom webstore is ideal even if you do have experience with using WordPress.
The reason being that it saves a ton of time. The AliDropship team will do the following for you:
- Niche research – They select a trendy, high-demand niche for you after analyzing it for stable long-term positions and a great potential in future.
- Domain name(.com) – Search engine-friendly domain name relevant to your business
- Custom design – You get a unique design including a custom logo, header images, icons, favicon, banners, etc.
- Mobile devices ready – A perfect responsive design fitting the screen size of any device, whether desktop or mobile.
- Google Analytics integration – GA stats integrated – to keep you informed about the website’s traffic, its sources, visitors’ behavior, conversions, etc.
- Up to 12% AliExpress cashback – Get up to 12% cashback for your every purchase on AliExpress.
- WP dropship plugin – The plugin allows searching, importing and updating products on your site directly from AliExpress quickly and easily.
- Payment gateways – AliDropship Plugin supports the most popular payment processors like PayPal, 2Checkout, Stripe, PayU.
- Delivery time – You’ll have a full-fledge dropshipping business: 5 to 15 days depending on your package.
- On-site SEO – Increase visibility within the organic search results and to deliver targeted traffic to your site.
- Social pages – Accounts of your business on the top social networks and integrate social buttons and widgets on your website.
- Promo video (Ultimate Package) – Video will help you to promote your webstore and tell your customers about all the advantages of your products and services.
- Social media promo tool (Ultimate Package) – A special plugin will automatically post your products and promote your business on 4 top social networks.
Within a matter of days, you will have your own turnkey dropshipping store that is ready to make sales.
Dropshipping is one of the lowest cost online businesses that anyone can start. Doing so using WordPress and AliExpress saves even more money.
WordPress is free to download and install. The AliDropship plugin is affordable and has no ongoing fees.
Anytime is a great time to create an online business for yourself. Dropshipping has made it possible for many new business owners to get started on a budget.
Have you considered opening a dropshipping store? What are your online business goals?