As a new eBay seller, one of the first questions you will have is “why are my PayPal funds pending?” When we sold our first product on eBay, we were wondering the same thing.
I’d log into my PayPal account and notice that all money from the sales we made were pending. What the heck, right?
Don’t worry. You’re not crazy and you didn’t do anything wrong. This article will outline why your PayPal funds are pending, when your funds will be released, and when it will end.
Why Are Your PayPal Funds Pending as an eBay Seller?
Ebay accounts with a limited seller’s history will have their funds shown as “pending” in PayPal for a period of time. The reason is so that new sellers can establish a selling track record.
This is important because it helps new sellers establish a good practice of fulfilling their orders in a timely manner. The sooner you fulfill your orders, the faster you will be paid (see below.)
How to Establish a Selling Track Record
There are four criteria which need to be met in order to establish a good selling track record. They are as follows:
- 90 days or more since your first sale
- You have more than 25 sales transactions
- More than $250 in total sales
- Your seller performance rating is standard or above
Once all four of these criteria are met your funds will no longer show as pending in your PayPal account.
The pending funds can feel like a hassle. Especially if you are running your business full-time and need the immediate cash flow.
I recommend new eBay sellers who are seeking to go full-time have another form of income coming in to help with cash flow until their selling track records are established.
Although our account is no longer pending, we created another stream of income promoting niche websites. We learned how to do so using the training inside of Wealthy Affiliate.
How to Get Your Funds Released Sooner
The good news is, the sooner you fulfill your orders and input the package traking information, the sooner your funds will be released for each order.
Here are details on fund availability after shipping your items:
- 3 days after delivery confirmation – After tracking information is inputted into eBay, your funds for that particulary order will be released upon delivery confirmation. Using eBay shipping labels inputs the tracking automatically. Otherwise, you will need to input tracking manually.
- 7 days after your latest estimated delivery date – If you do not input tracking information but mark your item as shipped, your funds will be available in 7 days after your latest estimated delivery date.
- 21 days after your buyer pays – If you do not input tracking or mark your item as shipped, funds are not released until 21 days after the buyer has paid.
Your best bet is to fulfill your orders, ship right away, and ensure tracking is uploaded. Waiting 3 days after delivery confirmation is better than the alternatives.
Besides that, your goal should be to provide the best customer service possible. Customers appreciate fast shipping and will likely leave you a positive review.
When we met our selling track record requirements, it was a huge relief. It may seem like a long time to wait but it goes by faster than you think.
For more detailed information about eBay funds availability, read the official eBay page below:
Questions or comments about your PayPal fund pending? Please share them below in the comments section. Thanks!